RESOURCE: EMS Movers and Shakers

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm sure there are many of you out there who are tracking innovators in EMS.

It could be model systems, departments, hospitals or even private services (based anywhere in the world), or it could be individuals at any level of medicine, organizations, EMS bloggers, even patients or politicians but the bottom line is:

Who Is Really Trying to Grow EMS?

Who is out there working on re-defining EMS to make it a respected profession and a viable career?

Who's got things to say that have caused you to not only think but changed the way you relate to EMS?

Who is putting things together in such a way that, though perhaps not perfect, could really use some talent and man/woman power to put their plans into action?

Let us know (without selling us on anything) and lead us to a place to explore further.

My intention is to create a space where you will educate each other on role models to work with as each of you does her/his part in creating the future of EMS.

If you don't agree that EMS needs to do some MAJOR adaptation for the people it serves and the people that serve it then skip this thread.

But if you really see the need for change and believe there are guiding lights out there that have something worthwhile to say and plans that can make talk come alive then, please, share this with your peers on this site.

Who knows, in a year's time someone could put YOU on the list

My suggestion is to allow this thread to be a list of resources, maybe each with a personal experience or endorsement, and then, if any debate or further discussion needs to take place, someone start a new thread on it.

This is about inspiration and NOT commerce. CLs please speak up if limitations need to be placed on contact info (I suggest a simple URL for each would be okay).

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd like to thank a member of the EMTLife community, Brandon, who blogs at EMS Basics. It's a fantastic resource, and I particularly like his emphasis on evidence-based prehospital care. He brings the academic, peer-reviewed literature directly to the EMS provider, and this is something that all too few people do.