REPORT LA Co. AMBULANCE VIOLATIONS ANONYMOUSLY

Kurt

Forum Probie
If you work as an EMT in Los Angeles County, Please feel free to report Any ambulance violation or concern anonymously via AmbulanceViolations@DHS.LAcounty.gov or call (562) 347-1687

Just make sure you include enough information:

Who
What
when
where
why
times
dates

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Forum Probie
If you work as an EMT in Los Angeles County, Please feel free to report Any ambulance violation or concern anonymously via AmbulanceViolations@DHS.LAcounty.gov or call (562) 347-1687

Just make sure you include enough information:

Who
What
when
where
why
times
dates

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Forum Probie
Great Question. Typically all concerns from EMT's are reviewed and a determination is made whether a violation has occurred or further investigation is warranted. I will post the link to the County Code and Prehospital Care Manual.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Great Question. Typically all concerns from EMT's are reviewed and a determination is made whether a violation has occurred or further investigation is warranted. I will post the link to the County Code and Prehospital Care Manual.
Thanks sounds great! Their are a few and im sure many who have witnessed aot of things but did not know how or what to report. Thank you!

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Forum Probie
Los Angeles County Code library.municode.com/HTML/16274/level3/TIT7BULI_DIV2SPBU_CH7.16AM.html

Los Angeles County Prehospital Care Manual dhs.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/dhs/ems/prehospitalcaremanual

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow. I hope it's taken seriously! This could actually improve things

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm....in reference to another thread, could an EMT working for a private ambulance company report a fire medic for consistently sending patients BLS when they should be ALS?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmm....in reference to another thread, could an EMT working for a private ambulance company report a fire medic for consistently sending patients BLS when they should be ALS?
The hospitals are supposed to be doing that... But you know how it goes when your title starts with Fire Fighter

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
The hospitals are supposed to be doing that... But you know how it goes when your title starts with Fire Fighter
That's when they send out the ems captain to handle it, apologise and butter the nurses.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Kurt is the civilian investigator. it appears that he is looking for information on unethical or illegal practices of companies, not individuals. looks like he was only active for a few hours here and has not returned for comment since he made his first posting on November 19th.

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Forum Probie
My apologies. I have not been on this site for some time. Socalmedic, you are correct., we are trying to connect with the boots on the ground to let them know that we are available to listen to concerns and take action where appropriate. I try to make myself available 7 days a week for my field EMT's.

My cell phone is (213) 587-2926. If you call Fri-Sun give me an hour or two to return your call.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
My apologies. I have not been on this site for some time. Socalmedic, you are correct., we are trying to connect with the boots on the ground to let them know that we are available to listen to concerns and take action where appropriate. I try to make myself available 7 days a week for my field EMT's.

My cell phone is (213) 587-2926. If you call Fri-Sun give me an hour or two to return your call.
Kurt,

I see companys all the time in LAco that are licensed operators but do not have the sticker on the back of their rigs. Is that an issue? Just want to help in anyway I can.

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Forum Probie
Thank you my friend. "Bandits" I think some of you in the field refer to them as. Remember, some companies are allowed to operate while in the licensure process; however, they are prohibited from picking up patients in the unincorporated areas of the County. for a full list of ambulance companies in the licensure process go to:

http://file.lacounty.gov/dhs/cms1_206455.pdf

If there is any question about a patient pick-up, gather as much information as you can and give me a call.

OP
OP
Kurt

Kurt

Forum Probie
For our licensed operators, they need to have a County Seal on the rig in order to pick up patients. Remember, not only the company has to be licensed to operate, but each ambulance must also be licensed individually.