Refusals

OP
OP
F

firefighter85

Forum Ride Along
Thank you KEVD18! That's exactly what was going on. Jazminestar I did try to talk to th Pt alone and she was still being a B****, and wanting nothing to do with us. And OLMD (Base Hospital if you will) stated to get a refusal due to the circumstances and pt presentation. PD was against Tx stating," it would be kidnapping," and there was no way I was gonna people including the Pt at risk of getting hurt numerous people including the Pt. I say this b/c she was gonna put up the fight of her life if we attempted to Tx.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
wow. i was just making it up as i went.....

jazminestar

Forum Crew Member
Thank you KEVD18! That's exactly what was going on. Jazminestar I did try to talk to th Pt alone and she was still being a B****, and wanting nothing to do with us. And OLMD (Base Hospital if you will) stated to get a refusal due to the circumstances and pt presentation. PD was against Tx stating," it would be kidnapping," and there was no way I was gonna people including the Pt at risk of getting hurt numerous people including the Pt. I say this b/c she was gonna put up the fight of her life if we attempted to Tx.

right.....i mean i wouldn't force it either , but if she wasn't being a 'b' when you talked to her alone, and you could convience her that would have been great! but i do understand that sometimes, it's just not going to work you have to ama and walk away.... ;)

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I had a discussion with medical control once in a similar situation. Doc said if its anxiety, are you going to make it better or worse by transporting her against her will? He felt that the stress of an involuntary transport was going to be much more harmful to the pt than the risk of them staying at home. If they stayed home and got worse, the family could call then and at that time, the situation would be more clear.