Recommended books to pre-study before EMT basic course?

MateoMateo

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, ill be doing an emt basic course in a month and wanted to know if anyone recommends a book so i can study some concepts before the course, something that could be useful for future study?

I dont know which book we will be using in the course, but if you know of other EMT basic course books you used that you think are helpful i would appreciate it..

any suggestions would be amazing, cheers

dont know if this is in the right thread, sorry

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Basic anatomy and physiology and basic medial terminology will give you a big lead over the others. Anatomy and Med terms are two traditional stumbling blocks for EMT students.

And I mean basic anatomy like the major bones, number of vertebrae and the abdominal location of the major organs.

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
I second basic anatomy! I can't tell you how much that helped me. Medical terminology would be helpful too. You go over all of that in class but it's at a fast pace and you are learned so much at once that know even the basics ahead of time would be helpful.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey everyone, ill be doing an emt basic course in a month and wanted to know if anyone recommends a book so i can study some concepts before the course, something that could be useful for future study?

I dont know which book we will be using in the course, but if you know of other EMT basic course books you used that you think are helpful i would appreciate it..

any suggestions would be amazing, cheers

dont know if this is in the right thread, sorry
Khan Academy has some highly recommended video lectures.

You can also read any EMT textbook's A&P chapters. Also, if you feel like it, a brief A&P for EMTs (meaning it'll be pretty elementary) can be found in most EMT exam review books.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
i just finished my basic class in august, as everybody said BASIC a&p, maybe some medical terminology. For me, it was a fairly easy class(just do your work), your not becoming a doctor, if you remain calm, do whats asked, you may not even need to do "prep work"(what i did).