Recertification and CE Credits

TacEMT

Forum Crew Member
So I got initially certified as an NREMT-B last year so my expiration date is not until March 2013. From what I understand, I do not need to take the transition course to become a EMT, correct?

My second question is regarding what CE credits I need to re certify. I have reviewed the NREMT website and see that I need 24 hours of "refresher" education and 48 hours of "additional EMS related education." I will be taking a 24 hour refresher course, so that will cover the NREMT refresher education, my state requirements, and practical exam.

So that that leaves me with the 48 hours. I was informed that I could get some credits online through CE Solutions. But it says I can only get a maximum of 24 hours of distributive education, so where do I get the last 24 hours that I need?

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
It depends. If you're employed you can get them through your employer. Check your OEMS website, they should have some sort of list for it. I think (and don't quote me) you can view the hours needed on both CE Solutions (I use them too) and the NREMT website.

Last edited by a moderator: