"Real Men of Genius"

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
This was posted several months ago by another member of my squad. I never thought to post it here, but then realized it was probably true nationwide.

In my area, we have MDC's in every ambulance and medic responder (Mobile Data Computers - like the MDT, but newer). Some Co's. have policys to change status on the MDC's only, and some by radio and MDC. And some folks just like to chat on the radio.

This problem is worse for us, because EMS and Fire are on the same channel.

Jon

Bud Light Presents…Real Men of Genius

(Real Men of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mister unnecessary radio status changer

(Mister unnecessary radio status changer)

For you, using the brand new MDC in your unit is no way to change your status. You need to let the entire county know that you’re onscene at the BLS sick person.

(Oh yeah, they’re pukin)

You get a thrill out of keying up that mike and saying “Chester.” You keep that portable on right next to you so you can hear your voice booming through the airways.

(You really sound like a tool!)

Responding. Onscene. Transporting. Available. These are the words that you weave into a symphony of phrases that gets your motor running. Working incident on the same channel? BS! You feel the need…the need to ramble

(When’s that status change gonna end?)

So crack open a nice cold Bud Light, Mister unnecessary radio status changer. Because without you, we would all be on the edge of our seats waiting for you to change your status.

(Mister unnecessary radio status changer)

Stolen from "Sparky". found Here.