Quick question on AEMT

Bunker

Forum Ride Along
Getting ready to do the cognitive exam this month and trying to see if I need to go back and study some of that earlier stuff in the semester. I've got a huge stack of 2 semesters worth of notes, just wondering if there are any certain areas to go over. How in-depth are definitions on NREMT (malfeasance, misfeasance, etc. etc.)? Any other study tips would be nice.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Gastudent

Forum Crew Member
I took my test back in August, and passed it the first time around. Let me start off by saying that I thought that the A test was easier than the Basic, but that is just my opinion. The only thing that I would tell you to memorize would be vitals for all the age groups. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P828MnPJA40 this video was a big help to me; everything that he said that would be on the test was on mine. There are two more videos that follow that one, be sure to watch those as well. My last tip is to not worry to much about craming. The truth is if you don't know it by now, your just not going to know it. So take it easy memorize those vitals watch that video, and good luck, hope this helped.

P.S. Forgot to add if you haven't already get a test prep like Jb learning, or EMT National Training. Trust me when I say it they are worth the money!

Last edited by a moderator:

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
P.S. Forgot to add if you haven't already get a test prep like Jb learning, or EMT National Training. Trust me when I say it they are worth the money!

Yes. Do that. I loved EMT National Training.

OP
OP
B

Bunker

Forum Ride Along
Cool, just ordered a subscription to emt national training. Hopefully it works!

Thanks for the info.

eventer22

Forum Crew Member
Bvm and complications with it, respiratory acidosis and alkalosis, ph, I can't think of the other thing right now I had a lot of