Quick exit

ChrisMed1

Forum Probie
I may return to this form I am currently unsure but I am taking a leave for a mental health reason. To be brief had a really bad patient outcome was a suicide in a child and the whole call has been tearing me up inside. I may return at a later point but for now good bye.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Chris,

Take advantage of your agency's mental health options... some have programs to put you in touch with a professional, and will provide you a few free sessions. calls with bad outcomes for kids are rough; suicide calls take it to another level; it's ok to not be ok.

Many of us have been in the same position as you; I know one provide that never got back on the truck after a particularly bad call, and this was after a 20 year career.

Below are some resources that you should look into; they are first responder focused, so it won't be all new to them

If you are in crisis and need help immediately, please contact SafeCallNow at 206-459-3020

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Even if you don't come back here, or to EMS, please take advantage of the help that is out there, don't sit on it, and don't try to deal with it yourself.
Get help, it is free

OP
OP
ChrisMed1

ChrisMed1

Forum Probie
I am going through counseling and am still having a hard time but I am trying to get back. I need to work but it's hard I am returning Monday and working 4hrs for now I am hoping to get back just right now it's hard but I am trying. Thanks for the support guys I really do appreciate and I am working really hard on getting back.