Questions about IFT job...

wadford

Forum Crew Member
So I got on with an IFT service not too far from where I live. There is a lot of down time between runs on our slow days. I was just wondering, for those who work IFT how you pass the time?^_^^_^

Sasha

Forum Chief
Sleep, go shopping, grab lunch, watch netflix etc.. same stuff you do other places :)

Congrats on the job.

mintygood

Forum Crew Member
We mostly either sleep or watch court tv haha. I also study when I have some downtime... IFT is great for going to medic school :p

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I don't have downtime. They run us ragged.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Sleep, read medical books, watch TV on my phone, surf the web on my phone.

Sleep is preferred.

OP
OP
wadford

wadford

Forum Crew Member
This is a BLS transport service only. Mainly dialysis runs with a few doctor's appointments. It is a very (and I mean very small company). They had two offices, but now they are closing the one and letting another company take over the patients in that area. The trucks are in really bad shape, with the panels coming off of the back doors (there are screws that are completely out) and things just hanging off the truck. In general really old trucks that are in desperate need of repair. We have to keep track of our hours ourselves and then turn in our time cards (not a problem, there's an app for that). The way the crews are set up, there is one driver (not certified) and an emt. Just wondering if all of this is normal for private companies?

Sasha

Forum Chief
Run. Run fast and run far.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
angry birds
cut the rope

^^ very fun!!

LonghornMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Use your free time to look for another job. No need to work on equipment like that, whether you are new or not. Never heard of non-certified personnel operating an ambulance except for volunteer FD/EMS. Get out of there ASAP.

OP
OP
wadford

wadford

Forum Crew Member
So I put in my notice this morning. The "owner" called me wanting to know why I did and I told him about the conditions of the trucks, the lack of oxygen on some of the trucks, no aed, and the office in another city that no one knew about. He got really mad demanding to know why I was asking all these questions. Anyway, I guess its back to job hunting.