Question about my NREMT

RichLew

Forum Probie
I passed my test yesterday and am ready to fill out some medic applications. My question is, as I haven't received my stuff in the mail yet, when I log into NREMT.org is my registry number at the top left of the screen the same as my certification number?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
maybe you should post under the section of the forum called "NREMT" 4 spots below EMS talk

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I am asking this outta interest, it doesn't help me answer your question. Are you an EMT or Paramedic?

This pertains to your question. In many states, you are required to apply for a state EMT certificate/license, and they use the NREMT as a third party to determine whether you've received and passed to a certain level. If you're in California, they do it by county, but still the same thing... I passed NREMT, I got a certificate and card from NREMT, I got a certificate from my class (not NREMT), had to take AHA CPR separately, and I had to turn all of those (with a filled out application and Live Scan/background check) to my county to get certified to actually work as an EMT (in other words, NREMT by itself wasn't good enough to work).

Additionally some states require you take a state test also.

So the answer is maybe it is, but probably not. You'll have to tell us which statr you are trying to work in, and if you're in California, which county. Usually NREMT is not enough. In some states eg New York they don't use NREMT at all.

Edit: Argh, admins can move the post, lol. No need to repost. You guys typed that while I wad typing slowly on my phone.

Edit again: Also I realized when you said medic application, you could have meant state application for state certificate/license. In that case, yes, upper left. It's like B2000666, or something like that. To reemphasize, this is usually not good enough alone to apply for jobs/work.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

RichLew

Forum Probie
I am asking this outta interest, it doesn't help me answer your question. Are you an EMT or Paramedic?

This pertains to your question. In many states, you are required to apply for a state EMT certificate/license, and they use the NREMT as a third party to determine whether you've received and passed to a certain level. If you're in California, they do it by county, but still the same thing... I passed NREMT, I got a certificate and card from NREMT, I got a certificate from my class (not NREMT), had to take AHA CPR separately, and I had to turn all of those (with a filled out application and Live Scan/background check) to my county to get certified to actually work as an EMT (in other words, NREMT by itself wasn't good enough to work).

So the answer is maybe it is, but probably not. You'll have to tell us which statr you are trying to work in, and if you're in California, which county. Usually NREMT is not enough. In some states eg New York they don't use NREMT at all.

Edit: Argh, admins can move the post, lol. No need to repost. You guys typed that while I wad typing slowly on my phone.

I'm in Texas, I understand that I still need my state certification. That will be sent out when I am able to confirm my NREMT number. Texas doesn't require me to take an additional test as long as I have my NREMT. It is my understanding though, that I can still be hired on with an agency with just my NREMT until my state comes through.

m0nster986

B.S, Paramedic, FF
Because every state and county may differ. The best advice I can give is to check your county website.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Threads merged.

OP
OP
R

RichLew

Forum Probie

Edit again: Also I realized when you said medic application, you could have meant state application for state certificate/license. In that case, yes, upper left. It's like B2000666, or something like that. To reemphasize, this is usually not good enough alone to apply for jobs/work.

Okay, thanks. I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for your input