Prospects in Dallas

AMF

Forum Crew Member
Hi All,

I'm entering my last semester of college and am applying to jobs. It seems like the Dallas market for EMTs is pretty oversaturated, but I have a relatively limited view -- I've just had difficulty getting summer jobs. Would having a college degree (BS, non-EMS) and 3 years of experience give me a reasonable change at getting a job, or should I not waste my time? I'd rather not work for a service where I am under constant threat of doing legally/ethically sketchy things (my friend works for a service where I go to school and they had him running a morphine pump as a basic... when the patient crashed he was unpleasantly surprised to find his ambulance lacked a working siren... fun stuff).

Thanks in advance for your help.

LMedic90

Forum Ride Along
Allegiance Ambulance operates a good system in Dallas, I started with them in College Station but had my training and some shifts up at their Dallas station. Very reputable and your qualifications are certainly a plus. They put patient advocacy first and are extremely professional.

brian328

Forum Crew Member
Acadian Ambulance.. sort of new to north Texas (2-3 years), but Acadian itself has been around since the early 70s. mostly sprinter ambulances. power gurneys, life pack 15s, tablet ePCRs. great benefits. the company is growing rapidly right now. if you have any questions feel free to PM me.