Problem w/lifting =(

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
lifts are never easy...especially if it hot and your hands are slick. i wear gloves to keep grip on hot days. i like to get as low as possible, stick my but out, keep my chest parallel with my knees and then push from the ground with my legs...i still have back pain sometimes though...could be from lifting when I'm not thinking about techniques though.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
We had a class taught by a physical therapist on how to lift safely. Best money ever spent by an employer!

volff21

Forum Probie
i just spent 9 months with a partner who would not attempt to lift a stretcher,the $12,000 spent on the power stretcher was well spent.if we had not had that the FD would have been on every call
note:the stretcher was there prior to her being there

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
i just spent 9 months with a partner who would not attempt to lift a stretcher,the $12,000 spent on the power stretcher was well spent.if we had not had that the FD would have been on every call
note:the stretcher was there prior to her being there
so your partner refused to lift? why? was there a physical limitation? or was he/she just lazy?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
im guessing by now she's either failed out fo the program or in happily on here way down the road.

strong work whoever managed to dig this one up.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
im guessing by now she's either failed out fo the program or in happily on here way down the road.

strong work whoever managed to dig this one up.

Aren't you the one asking people to use the search feature more to find previous discussions rather than creating new ones? :p