Pro Transport 1 'On Call/Part Time' positions

topramon

Forum Ride Along
does anyone work for Pro Transport 1 in CA? I see jobs postings for various cities but they are titled 'On Call/Part Time'.....what exactly does that mean? Do you get a certain number of hours per week or is it strictly per diem only when needed? thanks for any input

LostViet408

Forum Crew Member
It's basically "on call/part time" which means your part time and when they need you, they'll call you on your day off to come in to work. It's not per diem. You can still make 40 hours per week even when your "on call/part time". Hope that clarify for you.

OP
OP
T

topramon

Forum Ride Along
thanks, so is there a set minimum of hours per week you are guaranteed to get not including any call-in shifts?

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE ON HOW MANY HOURS YOU GET. You are on-call. You can get 40+ hrs a week but that's only if there's a large call volume or current employees want to give up shifts for whatever reason.

oneangryfilm

Forum Probie
Further to that, the job listing says "must be available 24-7, no exceptions." Do they factor in school or a second job? Could that affect getting a job?

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
I've heard of people quitting because they couldn't take time off for school and other scheduling issues. My advice. If u do get an interview DO NOT fill out ur availability page according to what HR tells u. Only mark the days and times u r 100% available. Because whatever u put down on that page will be set in stone for 6 months to a year depending how fast u finish probation.

EMSRicketts23

Forum Ride Along
I was wondering if anyone has heard of this company I have a interview and none of my friends have heard of this company only seen them.. Any good or bad reviews about them? I know all company have their goods and bads but was just wondering..

Thriceknight

Forum Crew Member
See above posts. They're growing at a good rate.

EMSRicketts23

Forum Ride Along
I've been reading different things online good and bad and didn't even look if it's part time or full Time haha.. Any advice for a first timer goin in for a interview?