PRN Ambulance Info

rachelrescue

Forum Ride Along
So, I just got hired with PRN Ambulance. Anybody work there? What are the typical shifts like? Any info? Thanks :)

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
So, I just got hired with PRN Ambulance. Anybody work there? What are the typical shifts like? Any info? Thanks :)

From my understanding they are IFT primarily company. Sorry do not know much more about them.

TacoMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
PRN Does only IFTs. They work 11 hour shifts. Pay is pretty good compared to other companies in the market. They are pretty busy. They have a big chunk of the Kaiser contract in LA County so expect a bunch of stacked Kaiser calls. The Lancaster station does 24s, and if you can get out there for an OT day, its a big money maker. Much slower there too. I have a few friends that work there. They seem to be happy with management, equipment, rigs, etc.Good luck! :)

OP
OP
rachelrescue

rachelrescue

Forum Ride Along
Yes, in East Los Angeles...wow fast responses! So typically 11 hour shifts how many days a week? I was afraid it would be 8 hours over 5 days!

TacoMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Yes, in East Los Angeles...wow fast responses! So typically 11 hour shifts how many days a week? I was afraid it would be 8 hours over 5 days!

4-11s/week scheduled. OT is usually available too. Are they still off Atlantic just south of the 60?

OP
OP
rachelrescue

rachelrescue

Forum Ride Along
Yes they are off the 60 at Atlantic. Of course I'd prefer 911 calls, but PRN hired me first so I took it. Thank you so much for your help!

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes they are off the 60 at Atlantic. Of course I'd prefer 911 calls, but PRN hired me first so I took it. Thank you so much for your help!

Just wait for a big earthquake that they are predicting :D, all ems company will be working 911

iftmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Pretty good company and pay. I have a few buddies that work there and they love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Star of Life

Forum Probie
I just got hired by them recently, and it seems like a great company so far. And lol there are some good looking women who work in the offices for the company, especially the billing lady.