Princess of the Orca's

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok...so the queen of all psych patients is here. And she's not mean crazy, she is funny crazy.

So she is sitting at my desk telling me all about being Elvis's psychic twin and how they both (her and Elvis) both had twins that died at 4 months of age and that makes them psychic twins. Suddenly she jumps up and declares she needs to go smoke.

But don't worry she says, she doesn't inhale. So I am like, OK President Clinton. But she goes on to tell me that she is really an Orca, and her and her elders all sit in a circle and smoke ceremoniously. Its not to inhale or enjoy it, but its a ceremony all her and her Orca elders do.

The nurses come for her as she is walking out and take her to her bed. While she is back there she begins to holler "Wheres our Princess?" Everyone is ignoring her yelling, like they do with most psych patients, I grab her a blanket that she is yelling she wants.

When I get into her room, she says "OHHH Princess! You shouldn't be doing that hard labor. Your the Princess of all of Orcas. You need to go rest before our ceremony."

So wait...i am the Princess of Whales??? Isn't she dead??:thinking:

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
:whatchutalkingabout

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Heh

Orca whales... *DIES*

Princess either shes sayin ya smell like fish or your fat.....\

I doubt your either and wouldnt have taken it as much of a compliment though I must say I read to deep into things

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
I wish i was a princess!!!

40sCutest

Forum Lieutenant
That's right vin, even a princess of the orcas.

All my psych patients aren't funny. One of them told me he wanted to blow my head off and then he told me he wanted to take me out to dinner...
not the most fun I've ever had, believe it or not.

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
lol 40s, I can bet he wasn't fun. Of course all our Psych patients arent fun. There was the guy who took me out dislocating my shoulder, or the guy last night who couldn't decide if we were all M/F's who deserved it when he yanked out his thing and urninated all over his room or if we were all SOB's that required him spitting on us. The first was easily solved by 4 point restriants, the secong with a mask.

But I am an eternal optimist, glass half full, the sun always shines kind of person. So even with patients like that guy last night, I can always think back to the one patient that proved to me she wasn't completly nuts when she called me a Princess :D (of course, the DR says thats what confirmed the diagnosis for him; ) )

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
My last pysch patient was interesting. We we sent out for an overdose, and had to wait for the police...which in our county takes 30-45 minutes. So after they secured the scene we go in. He turns out to be drunk and unhappy that the police, fire dept, and EMS is all in his house. He refused EMS outright, so we got our gear and headed for the door. The police and fire dept stayed behind to ask him a few more questions. Next thing I know the firemen are running from the house screaming " he's got a gun, he's got a gun". The fine law enforcement officers had already got in the patrol cars when this occured, so they jump out and run back in the house. I guess thats why we have a cop-o-meter system in our county. The firemen tear out of the yard like crazy, and I decide that we should leave as well, but with less haphazardness than the FD. After all is said and done the police take the mans bullets and leave him with his gun, and we all go on our merry way.

Makes me wonder who is more crazy, the patients or the police.

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
FFEMT1764 said:
Makes me wonder who is more crazy, the patients or the police.

LOL...I sense a poll coming on....

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
hey now keep in mind that SOME of us here are law enforcement.. Police arent crazy just the people that think they know it all...and over react quickly rather then thinking clearly.....

or the short cops suffering from Napoleans complex

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Celtictigeress said:
hey now keep in mind that SOME of us here are law enforcement..

I wasnt referring to you Tigress, just stating a sad fact that sometimes the police academy will push through a group of brain dead robots and pass them off on the poor citizens as cops! On the other side of things some of my best friends are cops, Tigress included...not to make this a long tangent, but the police need some policing around here.

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
*snickers*trying to weasle out of it

No doubt, Usually cops are like you siad pushed through here..as are the officers for corrections.l.. the troopers here with exceptions are just as bad. But then...THEN they give them get this a LOADED weapon

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Here's an idea: Give all the paramedics guns to keep on the trucks. Then if you need to clear a scene you don't have to wait the requisit HOUR on the pd to get there and determine that things are safe. Not that I havent gone into a scene that the law said was safe and then a gunfight break out!

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Well see the thing is our state considered it right after 9-11, and I mean really considered it to the point of asking the attorney general for his legal opinion...which at the time that attorney general was known for doing less than smart things, such as arming all the paramedics and firefighters.:rolleyes:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
CaptainPanic said:
Please refrain from using guns and EMS in the same sentence. We have already made that roundy-round..... :p

<<<<Ducks for cover (again) :eek:mg:

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
ffemt8978 said:
<<<<Ducks for cover (again) :eek:mg:

LOL....more like, "has his finger on the locked thread button again! :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Funny thing is that during the 2 weeks I spent in Baton Rouge, I saw many medics/EMT's wearing pistols in plain view.

Many of the other folks were carring BIG knives.

Jon

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Jon- I think the reason for that is in that area the Medics are also their own Law Enforcement.

I remember my instructor when I was getting my first responder talking about being a medic in La. He told us a story about his partner having to treat a patient and he provided the "scene security" so to speak (or vise aversa).

Not sure if it still that way, but it sounds like it.