Preparing for a call mentally

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
"Can I finish this sandwich before we get to seen? No? Well crap...can I do compressions one-handed?"

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
The call you are dispatched too may be very different from the call you actually find on scene.

We don't worry about anything until we are on scene and can discern what it is we actually need to worry about.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
"Can I finish this sandwich before we get to seen? No? Well crap...can I do compressions one-handed?"

I feel like I've worked with you before.

Have you ever staged for law enforcement in the apparatus bay, when the call is a minute or two from the station?

OP
OP
IronClaud

IronClaud

Forum Crew Member
Wow, I appreciate all the responses, everyone. I'm definitely learning a lot of what is running through your minds on calls, and opinions on how to prepare.

canadianpcp

Forum Ride Along
As some have stated I don't have any preparedness before I head to the call, just make sure I know where I am going. When it comes to brining in gear, I always bring O2, main cot, and jump kit. We can always go back to the car to get the rest of the equipment. Course if it is a cardiac arrest then yes we bring the AED and airway kit as well. Lots of times you get dispatched for a call and it turns out to be something different, so its hard to have any mental preparness. If its a SOB, or a call where it sounds like I may being doing a protocol, and if I am attending the call and not driving I usually run through the protocol in my head while on route to the scene.

Just relax and have fun!

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
...learning a lot of what is running through your minds on calls, and opinions on how to prepare.

IronClaud-sig said:
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

Put these two together and I can hear you LOL!