Pregnancy in the field

emt11

Forum Lieutenant
My company has a light duty program for injured and pregnant employees. From what I've been told and seen, most of the companies in the area have a light duty program. Though it is a question you should ask when you get your numbers and an interview.

HumLife

Forum Ride Along
Pregnancy and EMS

I worked till I was 38 1/2 weeks pregnant in a 911 system. This was my fourth child. I was pulled out of the ambulance when I was barely three months with my previous employer. This one only insisted I wear my Class A uniform the entire time and let them know when I thought I was going to have to step out for the safety of the baby. If you are healthy and your pregnancy is healthy than by all means stay as working as long as you want.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
WOW :eek: That's crazy! But that's kind of cool too. Has anyone known of someone being pushed out because it was obvious that she couldn't handle working during her pregnancy? Like she was just in complete denial of her situation.

My ex with the pregnancy of our second child. She was a nurse but was having problems with lifting and moving patients properly without having false labors and contractions. It got to the point where her boss said that baby is way more important than this place Your off the schedule till he's born.