Pregnancy and working in the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB343

Forum Probie
I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and working on a 24 hr 911 ambulance. My OB told me I am cleared to work my current position until I am 16 weeks along, then she does not want me to lift more than 20 lbs. I personally want to work in the field longer than that. (My company does not have any light duty work to give me so I might have to quit. I do not/cannot afford to quit right now.) I've heard about other pregnant women working longer than 16 weeks so I'm thinking about asking my OB to extend my working time limit. Has anyone else here been pregnant and worked in the field? How long did you feel comfortable lifting patients? I currently feel comfortable with my job and always have plenty of firemen to do the heavy lifting.

Mariemt

Forum Captain
We had an EMT work until 36 weeks until her doctor told her that was her limit.

Listen to your doctor

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
This topic has been discussed many times before, but you seem to be asking for medical advice. If your doctor has made such recommendations, perhaps he has a reason for doing so.

Please feel free to search for old threads on the topic, but we don't allow asking for medical advice here.

Status
Not open for further replies.