Pre-Test/Personal Interview

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
The Paramedic program I am applying to get into has a pre-test and personal interview. I can understand a personal interview and what it may entail, but does anyone have any idea what the pre-test would consist of? I've googled a few things and have found anything from a personality assessment to actual test of Basic-EMT questions. I would probably guess it wouldn't be too much on skills, after all, this is "before" starting the program and the program is for me to learn.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
As you've said they can vary. I've mostly heard of written exams on your knowledge of EMT stuff, and if the program has pre-reqs such as anatomy and physiology, that material as well. The program should be happy to tell you more about what you will be tested on.

OP
OP
D

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
As you've said they can vary. I've mostly heard of written exams on your knowledge of EMT stuff, and if the program has pre-reqs such as anatomy and physiology, that material as well. The program should be happy to tell you more about what you will be tested on.

This is from their application package:

Pre-Testing / Personal Interview Dates: Friday, 9AM; Saturday, 9 AM Monday, 6 PM (Attend only one session). Testing will be held in the Community Room. Personal Interviews will follow testing.

Nothing more.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
So call them.