Pre-learning

Genesis

Forum Probie
Hey all! I'm going to be starting school here in January (EMS Associate in Applied Science) to be a paramedic. Are there any books or websites that I can start looking at that you know of to start pre-learning so that I can be familiar with some things before I start classes?

Bubz628

Forum Probie
My instructor told us about a program called EMT Achieve. You can find it online. I believe it's 25 or 30 bucks to get, and everyone in my class that has used it says it helped them out a lot. Once you purchase it, your subscription is good for a year. They give you sample tests and grade you on them...and the information on the tests is that of which you will need to know when the time comes for National Registry.

SanDiegoEmt7

Forum Captain
Find out what text book you'll be using for the class and start reading through it.

+1 on that advice.

I would also recommend figuring out your planned study habits. Read a book/website/guide and figure out what kind of learner you are (visual, auditory, etc.) and what the best study methods are respectively. That way you'll hit the ground running when the info starts pouring in.

OP
OP
Genesis

Genesis

Forum Probie
My instructor told us about a program called EMT Achieve. You can find it online. I believe it's 25 or 30 bucks to get, and everyone in my class that has used it says it helped them out a lot. Once you purchase it, your subscription is good for a year. They give you sample tests and grade you on them...and the information on the tests is that of which you will need to know when the time comes for National Registry.

Thanks! Definitely going to look into that.

OP
OP
Genesis

Genesis

Forum Probie
+1 on that advice.

I would also recommend figuring out your planned study habits. Read a book/website/guide and figure out what kind of learner you are (visual, auditory, etc.) and what the best study methods are respectively. That way you'll hit the ground running when the info starts pouring in.

I'm more of a visual learner. I've been looking on youtube lately for vids.