Practice Practical for Advanced

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone in the Columbus Ga area would be able to help me out. I finished AEMT 11Dec2012 and I'm getting ready to test Registry. Unfortunately my class time was spent in lecture and we had maybe one or two nights with the equipment. I would like to pass my practical on the first go, and I would really, really like to get my hands on all the essential equipment prior to testing. I've contacted my instructor a few times to ask if he could help me, but he isn't interested. I have one contact with the FD who said he may be able to help me, but that was in Dec so I'm not sure if he will remember me or not.
So!
Does anyone out in the Columbus/Phenix City area know where I would be able to get some quality time with the skill stations?
Thank you in advanced.
Porta

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Porta,

That's a tough situation to be in. It sucks that your instructor isn't interested in helping out. What's up with that?

You could try another EMS facility, perhaps a local competitor to see if they'd help you out. Or, contact your local FD and see if you could use some of their training equipment. As a "tax payer" (which is the catch phrase you want to remember) they might be willing to help you out and in the mean time, you'll make some contacts too.

I hope it all works out. Take care and don't sweat it. Remember to study those skills sheets.

Take care

OP
OP
Porta

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Yea, it does kinda suck, but I understand that my instructor is a very busy person, so I'm not going to take it personally or be too butt hurt over it. Things like this happen. I think I may ask again before I sign up for the next practical, who knows, maybe he'll say yes.
Thanks for your reply, I'm studying away!
ETA: I'll check w the FD, thanks for the tip!

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
No problem bud! Hang in there. I know you'll do great.

It's actually more stress than it is skill, if you know what I mean.

Take it easy and keep us informed how it goes!

OP
OP
Porta

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
Will do! Maybe I'll get lucky and pass on wit and charm alone :)

tinamarie22

Forum Ride Along
BUENA VISTAHAS A NICE SET UP WHERE WE PRACTICE
IF U KNOW Cpt Paula bet she can help u out
good luck
im studing for my AEMT nat, reg.

OP
OP
Porta

Porta

Forum Lieutenant
BUENA VISTAHAS A NICE SET UP WHERE WE PRACTICE
IF U KNOW Cpt Paula bet she can help u out
good luck
im studing for my AEMT nat, reg.

Yup, I know Paula! Where are you at, CVCC?