Practical Exam Paramedic

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
I have been trying to read thru this entire NREMT thread and really could't fine much on the practical side, its mostly about the written. Would like to know how many stations are there and during your medication administration what drug do they normally have you push, (reason being if its lidocane drip i would have to brush up on it since didn't really go over it much in school since where I live they no longer use it). Also would know what to expect that day, heard some people say the oral is kind of hard, what does that consist of ? This will be my first time taking this so any information is appreciated.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Thank you for the information, are the drugs normally a push or drips ?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Now are we talking for an adult or pedi ?

Why does it matter? You should know the dose of all anyways off the top of your head.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Why does it matter? You should know the dose of all anyways off the top of your head.
While he should know the dosages of these medications.... Not all areas use the same protocols or dosages. They will tell you the amount to administer or they will tell you to use the protocols you are used to using.

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
While he should know the dosages of these medications.... Not all areas use the same protocols or dosages. They will tell you the amount to administer or they will tell you to use the protocols you are used to using.
Thank you. Being as I'm from Florida an will be going to South Carolina for my exam. Just trying to brush up.