Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

FDJohn

Forum Probie
EMT-B was 70 questions for me. It took about an hour.
Advanced EMT isn't CAD yet. 150 questions.

HelloThere1994

Forum Ride Along
I got through about 75-80 questions, i felt good because my class instructor said if you get through 70-80 questions and it turned off you were good, and if you were up around 110-120 you probably failed....When i got home i started searching things like this site and came across this page, i figured i would join and come to find out people who took the test yesterday as i did already found out they passed, and also learned that you can pass with 120 and fail with 70 (basically, its unpredictable) now i'm really nervous, especially seeing i haven't found out when alot of people do the next day......

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, if you took it on a Friday or Saturday, you're going to have to wait until Monday to find out.

khangaroo

Forum Ride Along
took my test on 9-7-2012, stopped @ question #72, and it took me a total of ~65 minutes. it's now monday, 9 in the morning, and i have been up since 4 AM. -_- i just checked online, and it says that i passed (i think). if they posted up an expiration date for a certification, that means i'm good right? -_-

HelloThere1994

Forum Ride Along
took my test on 9-7-2012, stopped @ question #72, and it took me a total of ~65 minutes. it's now monday, 9 in the morning, and i have been up since 4 AM. -_- i just checked online, and it says that i passed (i think). if they posted up an expiration date for a certification, that means i'm good right? -_-

I also took mine on 9-7-2012....Waited the weekend, and i haven't been notified whether i passed or failed, i click my certification and is says your currently not certified, idk where to go to see if you pass or failed, they do let you know if you failed right?

khangaroo

Forum Ride Along
ack i'm sorry to hear that bud. did it just straight up say you didn't pass under "My Certification"? my friend took his the same day as me, a few hours before, and he didn't make it. said that he'd be able to retake it in 15 days. :( he also took about 65 minutes and stopped at 70 questions.

HelloThere1994

Forum Ride Along
ack i'm sorry to hear that bud. did it just straight up say you didn't pass under "My Certification"? my friend took his the same day as me, a few hours before, and he didn't make it. said that he'd be able to retake it in 15 days. :( he also took about 65 minutes and stopped at 70 questions.

it says in the icon CBT candidates icon right above the my certification, i'm going to study more now that i know what i need to study, it sucks waiting though

gkygrl

Forum Crew Member
Passed - up on the site in 3 hours!

I just happened to check the NREMT site and saw that even though I took the test at 1:15 this afternoon (it's now 4:40) I passed!

Mine stopped at 88 questions or so.

Level: NREMT -- Exp: 3/31/2015

Maybe a couple of hours is a RECORD for being up on the website, not sure. But with everything I have read, it usually takes a couple of days.

Boragard

Forum Ride Along
umm what goes here?!?

I took my NREMT for EMT-B exam this morning (September 10, 2012 at 8am CT) I had 2 hours to test, the test stopped at 27 minutes remaining. I answered about 120 questions. Looked online at 4 pm, results were up saying I passed (Thank goodness!) First try! For all who wants a good study guide download "EMT Tutor" on Android or Iphone devices. There are two versions "EMT tutor lite" which gives a free sample, and the real version you have to purchase at $3.99. It gives you 900 questions, 900 flashcards, and countless scenarios. It DEFINITELY helped me. Good investment for only $3.99. Good luck fellow EMTs!!

Last edited by a moderator:

emt11

Forum Lieutenant
Took the AEMT exam on 9/8, 135 questions right at an hour. Passed first time

TacoFighter

Forum Ride Along
Took the test 5 months after taking the course through NCTI, ( it took them 3 months to mail me my certificate for passing the class). I studied for about 3 days right before the test and got stopped at #70. I FOR SURE thought i failed due to a lack of preparation. BUT, i ended up PASSING! Super stoked off the news.

diffusiondance

Forum Ride Along
sick to my stomach

Just finished the test. I didn't see exactly what number it cut me off at but i think it was high 60s, maybe 70. There were a lot of questions I felt "iffy" about. It didn't feel great & I'm really nervous. Will post if I passed/failed when i find out!

BillyBonebrake

Forum Probie
Tested on 9/27 - I wasn't paying attention to the number of questions. The last one I saw was 53. I probably got to around 70 then it stopped, which made me nervous. I figured if the test stops in the low range you've either done really well or quite poorly. I passed, first time.

I re-read the Brady Emergency Care book, 12th edition over a 3 week period. I used the test questions in the "Success! for the EMT" book by Brady, which was based on the EC 11th edition. So some of the Success! test questions were ... how do I say ... less than helpful. But the majority of the questions were relevant and the rationales were very helpful.

Coleoneps

Forum Probie
Yeah pretty sure I just bombed the hell out of it for a second time. Cut me off around 70-75 questions. Studied the hell out of the book. Studied the hell out of EMT PREP, Jblearning and the other sites on the links here. Was getting 90s andbetter on them. Doesnt matter. The real computer based test doesnt ask questions anything like the ones you can find the practice tests. Alot of the questions dont even give you enough information to make a correct decision. Sucks.