post recent calls

STATION4

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone post our recent calls Dept or Station's ran.

In Wyoming County in Pennsylvania every Dept have been busy with brush fire's ect in the last couple of days...

In Wyoming County their are 15 Depts Fire and EMS that we dispatch for.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Word of advice here...

DO NOT POST anything that you may get in trouble for, or may want removed later, because the Community Leaders WILL NOT be editing posts in this thread if you get in trouble. This is in addition to the standard do not post any information that may violate patient privacy laws.

So please, think before you post, and then think about it again.

Hockey

Quackers
Huh

I dunno what you're talking about

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah, I'm pretty clueless too.

I'm assuming this thread is meant to share your recent calls with the others, but the OP... I don't know even know what to say lol.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey everyone post our recent calls
So, everyone is supposed to post your recent calls? How do we know unless we are at the same agency?

Dept or Station's ran.
Okay.. this part has me absolutely clueless. Dept what? Station's (with the apostrophe is the possessive, so you are talking about something belonging to a station but you don't tell us what but you follow it with the past tense verb 'ran' which makes absolutely no sense whatever.

In Wyoming County in Pennsylvania every Dept have been busy with brush fire's ect in the last couple of days...

I'm guessing but I'm going to translate this to: In Wyoming County in Pennsylvania, every department HAS been busy with brush FIRES ETC. in the last couple of days. Unless there is something called an 'ect' which belongs to a brush fire.

In Wyoming County their are (Did you mean there are?)15 Depts Fire and EMS that we dispatch for
So you are a dispatcher?

Do your supervisors know that you are posting information about calls dispatched and identifying the agency associated with them? I would give your employee manual another read through before you post anything else here. Then enroll in a basic grammar class and brush up on your spelling.

cbjfan

Forum Crew Member
There is nothing wrong with posting the nature of the calls that either you have dispatched or you have been dispatched to. If someone can here it on a scanner, then it isn't a violation of anything.

cbjfan

Forum Crew Member
Sorry, **HEAR it on a scanner.... it has been a long day. Forgive me for my mistake Bossy Cow.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
There is nothing wrong with posting the nature of the calls that either you have dispatched or you have been dispatched to. If someone can here it on a scanner, then it isn't a violation of anything.

That depends entirely on the rules of the agency that employs you. While something might be a 'legal activity' like say.. smoking or having a drink.. a workplace may have rules that are more stringent than the law. If you are a dispatcher for an agency, that agency may have rules specifically forbidding your discussing your calls outside of the workplace.

I can use the same criteria that you list as justification for jabbering about calls I've been on because the scanner land cowboys already heard it. But, when I become the mechanism for the distribution of information outside of my voice over the radio waves, I have violated the patient's right to confidentiality and the trust my patients put in me.

While we all talk about our calls (see the Scenario thread) we are generally pretty cautious to not give information that makes it obvious where the call happened or what agency was involved.

And I generally let small typos like the ones I do pass without comment but the gibberish posted above was more than the little spell checker who lives in my head could bear.

JCampbell

Forum Crew Member
Patient A from residence to dialysis. Pt B from long term care to Dr appointment and back. Pt C from long term care to dialysis. Interesting stuff right? Ha.^_^