Poll about our participants' military status

Click what applies to describe your military experience

• Male, current active duty, on or had a combat tour.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Male, former active duty, had a combat tour.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Male, separated veteran with combat experience (comment on where/when please).

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Male, current active duty, no combat so far.

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Male or female, going to join in next year.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Female, current active duty, on or had a combat tour.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female, former active duty, had a combat tour.

• Female, separated veteran with combat experience (comment on where/when please).

• Female, current active duty, no combat so far.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I have a family member who is on or had a combat tour.

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Interesting results

Nine respondents, none female, none current active duty.
The commnets were more revealing than the poll.
Very good, y'all, shiny side up , play safe amd hooah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Racingtime

Forum Ride Along
Hi, just joined the forum. I'm active duty and currently training to be a 68W. I have about a month and a half left at AIT.

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
Not military myself, but direct relation to an active non-combat duty personnel. A great big thanks to everyone serving, in every capacity.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Male, Army reserves, 1 combat tour just switched to reserves from the Guard and the word on the street is they're fixing to deploy. I have no problem with deploying but don't actually hold my duty MOS. So it will most likely mean going to school then deploying which means a long time away from home. BTW MOS will 68W.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT012

Forum Crew Member
Noticed on the poll there was no place for people who tried to enlist but were medically disqualified. Which is what happened to me, I tried for the AF but was medically disqualified for Bronchiectasis and Asthma, which in turn made me ineligible for all the services. :(

Ubergopher

Forum Ride Along
Active duty Air Force here. I guess you could say I've done 1 and a half deployments, I try not to count my time in Kuwait if I can help it.

Not a medic type, but I did a tour in Afghanistan as brigade support for the ETTs. Made some great friends, some of the happiest memories I have were spent in that country (not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing), found an IED the hard way but we all managed to walk out so **** you Taliban.

Navy, active duty, Serving in Afghanistan on a Embedded Training Team...

HM3.

If you don't mind telling or even can without violating OPSEC where at? We had a couple HMs at my FOB, both were good squared away dudes. I was at FOB Rushmore back when I was there.

Lima-Charlie

Forum Ride Along
USMC 93-98 (extended SOLELY to do another WESTPAC ;) ).

And most of my dealings with angry people have come after being assigned to 1st CivDiv.

:ph34r:

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
US Navy 1979-1985. USNS Chauvenet TAGS-29, USS New Orleans LPH-11.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Hooah all. Ubergopher, good deal on the IED!

Quite a few of my former co-workers' kids (well, they WERE kids) are active duty and overseas.

Kthanid

Forum Crew Member
option 2-not as a medic, though. I wish I would have started back then.
Have to say of all the people I have worked with I count a good civvy EMT-P as being as solid as anyone. Wish I would have started studying earlier to be one.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Hooah Zoomies!

Good luck Bruns!

dudemanguy

Forum Lieutenant
I was in the USMC same years you were Lima-Charlie. Did a year at Camp Hansen in Oki and the rest at Pendleton. Also did a WESTPAC.

Wild_Weasel

Forum Crew Member
6 years in the USAF here, with a short tour in Korea, where I took first EMT course and did clinical.

Cheers,
W-W

NorCal

Forum Crew Member
Enlisted USAF (Para-Rescue Unit) with one combat tour in Iraq. (2004/2005)

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant
My experience wasn't listed in the pole ... Male, four years Active Duty as a dumb Grunt, no deployments with US Army, combat experience was as a contractor (Latin America), and may be doing it again (Africa).

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant
Should have clarified: if I take another contract this time it will not be as a shooter, rather it will be as a full-time medic posted in the CP and sometimes at the static guard sites. I'm too old and slow to dodge bullets.