Please complain below! Need ideas for creating an EMS app to ease EMS workload

Grabshell

Forum Ride Along
Hi All,

I just created this account this week, so please bear with me if I'm missing any basic formalities.

My name is JP, and I'm currently a (hopeful) pre-med college undergrad with a background in EMS. I'm a licensed EMT-B and have been in the field for a couple years now.

With that being said, I find myself in a comp sci-dominated school despite my desire to pursue the hard sciences. Consequently, many of my close friends and colleagues are studying computer science, and several of them specialize in mobile app design and development. We recently started discussing a possible project for creating an EMS app that could streamline, improve efficiency on any common pitfalls in the general EMS system.

So with that I ask you all to please complain about your EMS jobs/hobbies below! I'm surrounded by a group of very smart comp sci students eager to put their skills to the test on real world issues. Please let us try to help your everyday work life. I'm open to any and all comments, criticisms, or questions. Thank you for reading!

Best,

JP

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Some sort of app that scans meds/dosages/ID/visual records via camera phone into a PCR system.

An enhanced PCR that identifies potential interactions (ie "you've selected cardizem, do you want to push that in the presence of lots of -olols?"

Summit

Critical Crazy
Some sort of app that scans meds/dosages/ID/visual records via camera phone into a PCR system.

An enhanced PCR that identifies potential interactions (ie "you've selected cardizem, do you want to push that in the presence of of -olols?"
So add basic features of hospital EHR/BCMA to an EMS EHR?