Physical Agility Test concerns?

Aquila

Forum Ride Along
So I have an interview this week for an EMT-B position for the summer. I just completed the course in December and this is my first time applying for a job as an EMT. Along with the interview I have to complete a physical agility test. Most of it seems like it won't be too bad (load mannequin into ambulance with electric stretcher, crawling, climbing stairs carrying an O2 bag, etc...). I am however concerned with the lift I'll have to do. I have to lift 250 pounds from floor to waist height twice. Will I have someone helping me? 250 seems like a lot and I honestly don't think I can lift that much on my own. I'm only 5'5" and weigh 125 lbs, but I'm in pretty good shape-I go to the gym and lift weights 5+ times a week. So while I think I'm pretty strong for my size, I don't think I can lift twice my body weight. And I really want this job. Advice would be appreciated!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
So I have an interview this week for an EMT-B position for the summer. I just completed the course in December and this is my first time applying for a job as an EMT. Along with the interview I have to complete a physical agility test. Most of it seems like it won't be too bad (load mannequin into ambulance with electric stretcher, crawling, climbing stairs carrying an O2 bag, etc...). I am however concerned with the lift I'll have to do. I have to lift 250 pounds from floor to waist height twice. Will I have someone helping me? 250 seems like a lot and I honestly don't think I can lift that much on my own. I'm only 5'5" and weigh 125 lbs, but I'm in pretty good shape-I go to the gym and lift weights 5+ times a week. So while I think I'm pretty strong for my size, I don't think I can lift twice my body weight. And I really want this job. Advice would be appreciated!
most commonly it is a duo lift. 125 each. hope this helps :D

res1551cue

Forum Crew Member
LIke stated above, it is probably something you have to do twice.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I have to lift 250 pounds from floor to waist height twice. Will I have someone helping me? 250 seems like a lot and I honestly don't think I can lift that much on my own.
What will happen when you need to lift a 250 lb person off the floor? 250 isn't unrealistic for a tall adult male.(and 10 lbs heavier than me).