Phoenix Ambulance????

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
Has anyone heard of Phoenix Ambulance in LA County???? I want to apply for a position I saw on CL but cannot find their website or info. Any info would be appreciated.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Has anyone heard of Phoenix Ambulance in LA County???? I want to apply for a position I saw on CL but cannot find their website or info. Any info would be appreciated.
That's just GCTI lol they got raided so changed names hoping nobody catches on.

OP
OP
fatkid

fatkid

How can I confirm it is GCTI and not some illegal company

OP
OP
fatkid

fatkid

Just don't want to go down that road of working for a shady company and having my career ruined

Just don't want to go down that road of working for a shady company and having my career ruined
Look outside LA County for employment opportunities if you're worried about not working for a shady company. While there are several non-shady companies in LA County, the shady outweigh the non-shady.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
If you wanna work non shady here is the list:
Care
AMR
Schaefer
Bowers/Pacific
McCormick

A little history lesson:
CARE around since 1969 now owned by faulk.
AMR, a formation of what was goodhew, risher, krypton ambulance now large.
Schaefer, around since the 40's still family owned and one of the first ambulance companys in LA.
BOWERS, one of the first ambulance companys in LA now owned by rural metro.
McCormick again one of the first companys in LA now owned by westmed.
Go with who has a foundation and long history in LA.

CavMedic

Forum Ride Along
Also, RSI/Medic-1. Smaller, but good in and around Irwindale. But I'd say you're best off going to AMR-Rancho out in San Bernardino County. Especially if you plan on going to medic school and working as a medic