Pharmacology Books?

Selenolycus

Forum Probie
I'm about to finish my EMT-B training at the end of May (will go-on to EMT-I from June to Nov.), but as I have a general interest in medicine, I'd also like a good book on pharmacology that isn't aimed at people taking the various tests required of pharmacist students – just something that the layman can read and catch-on to and get a lot from.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Note: Cheap also = good. If you know where to get a copy for cheap online, mage a suggestion.

Katie

Forum Lieutenant
we used Brady's Prehospital Emergency Pharmacology by Bryan Bledsoe and Dwayne Clayden. it was quite good and easy to follow but also seemed to give a lot of information. another thing you might want to look into is a drug consult. ours is Mosby's Drug Consult, which also has a lot of useful information as well as being a good reference source. hope that helps and best luck :)

CrazyCanuck

Forum Probie
One of our pharmo books at medic school was Pharmacology for Nursing Care by Richard A. Lehne, editon 4. I still have my old copy, all tattered and well used. I found it really good at explaining things and keeping it basic. LOL...I'm sure by now, there's newer additions out there now. Good Luck!