Patients Plus - Alameda County

gclol

Forum Crew Member
Dress formal however you like and bring your certs and a pen

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
Perfect thank you. What did the academy consist of? What did you do the first day. I am super excited.

It will be very long! A lot of class work, they will go over skills they call it skills testing but it really isn't a test at all. Good amount of time going over the protocal book. You'll spend a day going to all the hospitals in the county, you will do evoc as well, one in class all day session and one outside driving.

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
Sounds like it shall be fun. Have you started your fto training? Do you go as a whole class going to the hospitals?

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
Sounds like it shall be fun. Have you started your fto training? Do you go as a whole class going to the hospitals?

We were such a awesome class they decided that we didn't need fto training.... Just kidding they basically didn't have enough time to give us fto training and there aren't any fto's yet for patients plus. But there will be for your academy. There is a full day set aside to go to all the hospitals in the county

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
Oh ok. I'm super excited. Did alot of our class get on full-time or part time? Isn't your academy the first for patients plus?

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
Oh ok. I'm super excited. Did alot of our class get on full-time or part time? Isn't your academy the first for patients plus?

We are the first academy and all of us are full time except for one, from what I hear all of you will be part time to start.

waterlizard

Forum Crew Member
Yeah that's what I was told. What are the part timers hours? Is there shifts to pick up?

To be honest I don't know. I don't think there will be a whole lot to pick up at first. There are a few people that want to drop to part time so that might help. Just ask Brandon when you get there he is very straight up and will give you info.

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
Oh ok thanks for the heads up. I'll def get with him and ask him. Did they say if patients plus would be doing some other calls other than ift? I read it earlier in this thread.

HockeyFan62

Forum Probie
That's awesome thanks for all the info. Maybe we might get some shifts together. My name is esteban I go by Steven tho.

beantown native

Forum Crew Member
I work for Paramedics plus here in florida. Its a really good place and they treat me right anyway. We do everything from inside the county including IFT and 911. The academy was 3 weeks long with the first 2 weeks of protocols, how they work, what to do, etc... basically how they expect you to do it. The 3rd week is all scenario stuff. It is a good place to work. Momma company is East Texas Medical Center, Tyler texas.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Wow, I just saw Patient Plus at Eden Medical Center. Looks similar as Paramedic Plus, but it said Critical Care Paramedic and Patient Plus. It looked like a larger rig which is what caught my attention. I guess the finally started operations?

JimmyUP

Forum Probie
damn thats damn good. i assume that would be the same as your brothers and sisters on the als side? let me know once you find out. id like to use this info at my company