Patient has "intent to sue" :P

emtkc

Forum Ride Along
Alright, well this is my first post to this site, but didn't think I'd be posting about this.

The HR department at work yesterday said a patient from a few months back is planning on suing for negligence. I don't want to go into too much detail about the whole thing, but has anyone else been through something like this? What happens?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Company insurance will get involved. Deposition will be taken, if you never went through this before it will be an experience. Prepare to get fired if you did something wrong which results in insurance company paying out the claim.

ZVNEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I've been accused of dropping a Pt before... we were interveiwed by the company's lawyer. haven't heard anything in over a year. I'm not worried, considering that I didn't drop the Pt.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Company insurance will get involved. Deposition will be taken, if you never went through this before it will be an experience. Prepare to get fired if you did something wrong which results in insurance company paying out the claim.

Hope you had your own insurance policy. Mine covers even the cost of my own attorney. The company insurance and company lawyer have the best interests of your company not you at heart.

Most likely unless you really did screw up it will be dismissed with no problems for you. Hope you did a quality run report. Do not rely on memory. As soon as you say I recall and their attorney says you did not include that in your paperwork so what else did you lie by omission or other on your run report.

OP
OP
E

emtkc

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for all of the feedback. Yes, company insurance is involved and all of our paperwork is in order; Incident Reports and run reports. Thought it was all over with, and then they hit us with this. Interested to see how all of this is going to play out.