Patient Care Reports simulations.

ThatEMTGuy

Forum Crew Member
Is there any site/app that can help me know how to write a PCR and get better at it. Thank you

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
You don't necessarily have to use SOAP, either - I usually just go in chronological order. You can always post here (changing names/places/etc obviously) and ask for advice.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I much prefer chronological for my own reports, luckily that's how my department wants us to chart :)

SeeNoMore

Old and Crappy
Is there any chance of you helping out with QA/review of charts? I have found that reading a lot of charts helps you adopt what others do well and avoid bad habits.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Once you decided on a format, head over to our scenarios subforum for "patients" to write them on. Much easier than making the patient up yourself. If you feel so inclined, post it in that topic so others can provide a constructive review!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
When you get hired, your department it company will most likely have a charting standard that they like you to follow. Some prefer SOAP, others CHARTD and others like a plain chronological narrative. Organizing your thoughts with a small notebook or not cards will help in the beginning. Don't get in the habit of writing notes on your gloves. It may seem fine for a simple call, but when you're covered in blood and spew, it becomes a no good, really bad day.

king60

Forum Ride Along
I usually just go in chronological order. Much easier than making the patient up yourself.