Patient Care Follow-up/Survey

FF894

Forum Captain
I started a "Get Well" card program in my ER, and was sent to those that were admitted or seriously ill. This was sent before the bill :D !
As well, as anonymous survey of some general questions and comments.

Some examples:

Staff friendly, professional ?
Appearance professional ?

Unit clean?

Billing/administrative department friendly ? etc..

I used the 1- 5 scale (< poor to 5 great!)

Good luck!

R/r 911

Rid- How many would you say were returned percentage wise? Thanks.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
Good afternoon everyone. I am new to the forum and had an idea I wanted to run past you.

I run with a volunteer squad that is in a rural community. I wanted to create a program that would make it so that the EMT that runs the call would fill out a "get well soon" greeting card to send to the patient. In addition to the greeting card, an optional satisfaction survey could be included. Basically this would allow the squad to get an understanding on how the community rates our quality of service.

I was wondering if anybody has attempted to do such a program or if they knew of any HIPPA regulations that may get in the way with such a program. My reason for wanting this program is to show the community that we are people who care as opposed to just people who take them to the hospital. This also has potential to be a way to get more support from the community.

Any Thoughts?

The get well soon card isnt a bad idea,it just shows that you care about the patient. Ive never heard of having a survey for the patient to fill out,I mean I know its a good way to tell if you did a good job treating them or not,it just matters on what the department thinks about it.

FF894

Forum Captain
We have been sending out cards with each and every call for over 5 years. Two years ago we initiated a program that we call Patient Care Evaluations (PCE's) With the approval of our Medical Director, the patient we had 2 weeks before, get a revisit. The crew that took the patient calls up the patient to "see how things are going" then they ask the patient if they can return to see them. The crew visits with the person, adresses diagnosis, does vitals, goes over new meds perhasp and a simple "in house form" is done. This program has been a stunning hit with our patients and our county Sosial Services loves it as well

Canoeman

Canoeman, what kind of service do you work for and who pays for all of this? I applaud you for such an agressive program.

Canoeman

Forum Crew Member
Post caall

Wow FF 894 --------

I have not been paying attention to this thread and I am sorry I did not reply sooner.

We run a paid paramedic service with volunteer drivers and EMT's as well. Paramedics do have alot of down time and this is some of the missions we have them do during the shifts. I feel we do as much for the communities we serve and they do support us with tax dollars and donations as well. Believe me that it did take some agressive motivation to get some of the staff out to begin our programs but it was we are over the hump now and it is becoming second nature.

Seee ya on the water---------
Canoeman