Forum Captain

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I used to train Vollie fire departments and ambulance squads. I placed very heavy emphasis on head-to-toe examinations. I'd alternate who was patient and who was evaluator. I'd take a piece of two inch tape, wrap in it a hard, half-ping-pong ball sized object in it and then tape it somewhere on the patient's body. The name of the game was "How could you miss that?"

aussieemt1980

Forum Lieutenant
I once got to play a patient with a "psychotic episode". People thought I was really having one, especially when I pushed the two trainees to the ground to protect them from the evil spirits that were enveloping them, telling the trainees that some one was coming to get me, and them, and then picked up a chair and ran at them to protect myself, walked up to them, got real close and screamed at them to get out of my space.

The two trainees did not know what hit them, one of them burst into tears, but I was told to make it realistic... oh wait, oh I see, realistic :rolleyes: (I really should stop fading away when someone is talking to me...)

I know this is off the mark, but given what else was written here, I thought I would relive the experience of the fun day that I had.