passed my state exam

13bravo

Forum Ride Along
now its on to the nremt.... how much harder is it compared to a state emt exam

Jane

Forum Crew Member
Congrats on passing state!

My State and NREMT test is all in one. We did the pyschomotor portion as our final.

OP
OP

13bravo

Forum Ride Along
thank you. Im in a state that has it own exam (WV) and moving to a state that I need the nremt (AZ)

Traumawaffles

Forum Crew Member
It's tricky. But I will say, study study study! Do not slack on it. Most say if your test stops around 70 questions you should pass. But I had a friend who stopped at 72 and failed. It's a confidence test, testing your knowledge in the field.

Good luck! BTW I lived in AZ most of my life.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Yay!

Unsure on difficulty. It would depend on the state I would assume. I didn't think the NREMT was too difficult though. But I am also a pretty good test taker. I think MOST of the people who biff the NREMT know their stuff, but just get nervous. Just study your material, stay calm and you should do fine.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The NREMT isn't difficult. The testing methodology is what jams people up. It's a very different test taking set up than most people are used to. That why many of us suggest a CBT test prep service like JB learning to get you in the mindset of winning in the CBT arena.

However, there's lots of people that say "I was tops in the class, but failed the NREMT 3 times" and it's the NREMT's fault? Prepare yourself and you'll have zero issue.