Passed my NREMT practical!

mintygood

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys. I haven't really been an active poster but I have been lurking for quite a while now. Just wanted to post about my passing of the NREMT-B practical!

I live in TN and we are trained to the EMT-I level for all intensive purposes yet we are only required to be a NREMT-B. Anyway, I got the Epinephrine skill/medical assessment and I owned it first try! The only thing I failed to do was ask if pt took any prior interventions (I kind of covered my *** by calling med control rather than just using standing orders).

My advice to any other EMTs out there who are worried, just study your *** off, visualize doing the skill, and memorize your assessment. Also, keep in mind that before you take BSI, take a deep breath and check YOUR own pulse.

Jackson

Forum Crew Member
I took mine almost two weeks ago and wanted to vomit before I went in the station, but as soon as I walked in I was calm, cool, and collected. I had trauma assessment and It was my favorite one.

bearmedic

Forum Probie
Took my practical today just found out I passed all for I-85 testing out on Monday. Skills really wasn't that bad, at least for this level.

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
mintygood

mintygood

Forum Crew Member
took my written and passed! Took me about 30 minutes and got stopped at question 73. I used jb learning online tests, my JEMS textbook, the fisdap online prep test and rea's flash card book.

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
trauma sucked for me, failed the first time through, did the retake at the end of the day on a different scenario,
the reason the proctor failed me the first time is i didn't verbalize going from a rapid trauma assessment to a detailed physical exam..

my medical assessment was actually the last one of the day, and i was the last student,
it was chest pain, i really liked the proctor, when you came into the station he really put you at ease, he sat you down and chit chatted for about 5 minutes, asking about why you went into e.m.s.

asking you where your strenghths and weaknesses might be,

after i was done he asked how i thought i did? i said i thought i did pretty good,

he said pretty good? you were the best of the entire day!
made me really feel good, that helped a lot because i did my trauma retake right after that and i had a great confidence boost going in,

glad to hear you passed