Part time Ambulance?

Animal

Forum Ride Along
What company usually lets new EMTs work part time? I am stacked with school this upcoming semester so I was hoping I could work 20-24 hours a week. Do you guys know of any company that does that? I am in the San Diego area.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
AMR.

I'm a part-timer. They "require" 4 shifts a month, atleast that's what I've been told.

OP
OP
A

Animal

Forum Ride Along
www.indeed.com It's a pretty good job search engine.
thanks have been using it no luck with part time though.
AMR.

I'm a part-timer. They "require" 4 shifts a month, atleast that's what I've been told.
so AMR only does 24 hour shifts then?
I have not yet seen or heard of a service that only hired full timers.

Well someone told me alot of the companies here require you to work full time when you first get certified. Then after 6 months you can switch to part time. Is that common in most places?

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Most privates start you out part time.

I have yet to meet a private company that staffs only full timers. The reason is that they have to pay benefits for full timers so they'd prefer to staff with part-timers as possible.

Hockey

Quackers
Most privates start you out part time.

I have yet to meet a private company that staffs only full timers. The reason is that they have to pay benefits for full timers so they'd prefer to staff with part-timers as possible.

Exactly

You may be only part time but working full time hours. That is maybe where you're getting confused?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
so AMR only does 24 hour shifts then?

No, they do 8, 12, 16 and some 24s, it all depends on the shift.

You can do one 8 hour shift a week if you wish *from what was explained to me when I got my pt gig*

motomedic

Forum Crew Member
go on the San Diego ems website an there should be a list of approved ambulance providers for the county. drop every app you can an hope for the best. Good luck. Cheers!

OP
OP
A

Animal

Forum Ride Along
Exactly

You may be only part time but working full time hours. That is maybe where you're getting confused?
Yeah well my goal is to work 20-24 hours a week. So maybe 2 12 hour shifts a week.
go on the San Diego ems website an there should be a list of approved ambulance providers for the county. drop every app you can an hope for the best. Good luck. Cheers!

Thanks man will do.

Thanks everyone else.