Paramedics Plus Alameda County

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
Has anyone who does not work for AMR heard back from them or know how their hiring is going to work with medics from outside AMR? I recently got an email from them to do their personality test thing, but havent heard since?

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
Has anyone who does not work for AMR heard back from them or know how their hiring is going to work with medics from outside AMR? I recently got an email from them to do their personality test thing, but havent heard since?

I believe they had slightly underestimated the amount of incumbent work force that was actually going to cross over from AMR. The first projected number was approx 150 additional employees on top of the AMR workforce. Now I believe the number has dropped to approx 50 additional because of the increase of incumbent work force coming over.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
I wouldn't count on them hiring much from outside of AMR, most people that work in ALCO like it and want to stay in ALCO and stay in the 911 system so that means they have to switch over to Paramedics Plus, otherwise its TF to AMR in another county if there are even spots available or get laid off

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
I believe they have hired 11 "outsiders" to do construction and inventory type work until the transition of the contract takes place. But like with any new take over, some people just might not beable to adapt and will end up leaving... Really won't know until it happens.... They seem like a great company to be apart of thats for sure.... AMR employees should be greatful of where they get to go and be apart of....

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
yeah, but I heard the outsiders that hired have the disclaimer that if they get enough AMR employees they will loose their spots to them

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
yeah, everyone is getting screw up with these contract change overs, especially with Santa Clara and Alameda counties changing at close to the same time

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
Yea I think ALCO has it together more then Santa Clara does
, but I haven't heard anything about the disclaimer you spoke of... Where did you hear that if you don't mind me asking....

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
word of mouth, so always gotta take those with a grain of salt

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
Very true. The rumor mill can be very vicious.... I read your bio alittle, where do you work if you dont mind me asking?

EmptyMyTrash

Forum Ride Along
interesting stuff guys, thanks for the info! I have heard they have 1,000 applications on file :blink:

I saw their rigs the other day and they sure look sweet!

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
Pretty unique name you have.. Haha... Your right about the good looking rigs... I also heard they are going to be using pretty state of the art equipment.. LP 15's and Lucas devices... 1000 apps? sounds like a pretty competitive spot to try and get... Good thing I put mine in... Its in there somewhere....

Futureblue

Forum Probie
I applied a few weeks back, got the online test completed and haven't heard anything since. In retrospect I should have probably left out the part about counting bullets in my garage, but live and learn. Live and learn.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Try to apply even if they aren't. In their March newsletter on the website, it says they've hired 70 new employees since they started operations in November.

It's an online application. Check it out.

BayareaMedic

Forum Probie
There has actually been even more then that. Unfortunately even though the app is online, the link is shut down and I believe they are working off the list of apps they currently have. What you need to do is contact the recruiter in Texas.... Good luck

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Thanks for the info.

geotuna93

Forum Probie
The email that I got back from HR was an automated message saying that they are going to start scheduling interviews may 1. Is that when the application will open as well?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
You got an e-mail?! Their apps been open. I just keep applying and applying - no e-mail.

OP
OP
AnthonyTheEmt

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
I work for P+ and the way that I got hired was applying. I didn't hear anything back in about two weeks so I gave them a call. They said I had to talk to the recruiter who is based out of Texas. They gave me his number and it goes from there. That is your best bet.