Pants and Boots

mysterl33

Forum Crew Member
Hey, so I need to get a pair of pants and boots. I don't want/need anything expensive but I'd like it if they are comfortable ^_^ so what do u recommend and where should i get them from? thanks!

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
Do you want an EMS pant or just regular pants? I got the BDU EMS pant from galls, like them a lot...

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
Go with Galls. They have everything...& good quality stuff too.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Hey, so I need to get a pair of pants and boots. I don't want/need anything expensive but I'd like it if they are comfortable ^_^ so what do u recommend and where should i get them from? thanks!
Are you an EMT or a student... if you are looking for something easy and appropriate for ride-time.

Go to Wal-Mart, or K-Mart, or some other "discount" store. Buy a pair of ****ies pants. They are relativly cheap and sturdy... they are what I've always worn for places that say "we don't want BDU's" - you can even get the ones with the "cell phone pocket" on the leg... it works great for a couple of pairs of gloves. Of course, I don't like advertising, so I take a seam ripper and remove the outside logo labels from the pants.

As for boots... K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc. have what I've been told are "ok" knock-offs of some of the police tactical boots... I can't say for sure, because they don't stock in my size... but I've had partners say they are good for cheap/spare boots.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I agree with Jon. If you are just doing it occasionally, then the cheapest is probably just right for you. Personally, I don't like Gall's, they are about three times to high for the quality you get. It is a whackers paradise and we can always tell newbies from experienced medics... just look at their Gall's apparel.

I purchased a pair of tactical style boots from Wal-Mart just before flight academy and wore them for three years so $$$ is not that important as long as they comfortable and durable.

Most EMS services will tell you or have a uniform allowance to purchase the type of uniform they want you to wear. The same as some most schools will require certain types of uniforms.

R/r 911

firecoins

IFT Puppet
As for boots... K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc. have what I've been told are "ok" knock-offs of some of the police tactical boots... I can't say for sure, because they don't stock in my size... but I've had partners say they are good for cheap/spare boots.

Thats what annoys me. I need to spend more money on expensive boots because Wal Mart never has size 9.

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
...guess I am a newbie whacker, then!

HorseHauler

Forum Lieutenant
yep, guess im a newbie whacker cause i have scissors in my pocket made for scissors... :rolleyes:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Thats what annoys me. I need to spend more money on expensive boots because Wal Mart never has size 9.
Size 9? Try finding a size 16 or 17!

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Thanach

Forum Crew Member
Size 9? Try finding a size 16 or 17!

I know the feeling Jon, though my feet aren't that big, finding a 14 wide is pretty tough...