Panasonic vs Xplore

PeteBlair

Forum Crew Member
As our organization moves closer to electronic patient care reports (PCRs), one obvious question we must answer is “what hardware are we going to use to capture the information on site?” Currently we are looking at the Panasonic Toughbook and the Xplore PC Tablet. I’d appreciate any comments, pro or con, from current users of these products.

Ours is a relatively small, totally volunteer organization, funded by community contributions. Decision mistakes are costly and we cannot afford “do-overs.”

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

NJN

The Young One
I have used the Toughbook just as a computer and i love it. I also love my tablet and use it for almost everything. I would recommend the toughbook tablet.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've used the toughbook and the Motorola version.

I guess my recommendation would be to work with the vendor(s) and get a demo set up... at least in station, hopefully with some form of software like you would be using. This way everyone can play with it and give feedback. Even if there is a charge for the demo.... it is better than, as you say, having to do a do-over.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
my service uses the toughbooks, i would say if you gonna get them, get the nice military grade ones. we got the civilian cheaper ones, and they arent quite tough enough....in the last month 2 of them have broken from getting knocked off gurneys

Buzz

Forum Captain
I've seen a toughbook slide off the edge of a seat, bounce down the steps, out of the rig and onto a cement floor. Picked it up and it worked just fine. Software wise - No complaints.