Our shop's new pride and joy: a vintage 1969 Econoline Ambulance

We recently bought this 1969 Ford Econoline 300 Ambulance as a project for our shop, and one day hope to use it as a sort of mascot for our company at various events.

It's actually a pretty interesting rig because the Econoline 300 was one of the first proper Type II Ambulances made. Ours needs a little fixing up but is in nice overall shape. Has the 302 V8 in it as well, so that's a plus.

Let us know what you guys think.

http://globalemergencyvehicles.word...ur-1969-ford-econoline-300-ambulance-project/

1969_Ford_Econoline_300_Ambulance_10.jpg

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Needs flames on the side.

Mechanical siren I presume?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I like it! Do you know anything about the history of this particular vehicle?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
The paint and cabin dont even look like they need restoration.
Personally, I would just restore the patient area to era correct
Itd be way more awesome with the three speed, though ;) Looking through a few I just found, it seemed to be more common than an auto, which surprised me.

OP
OP
G
The paint and cabin dont even look like they need restoration.
Personally, I would just restore the patient area to era correct
Itd be way more awesome with the three speed, though ;) Looking through a few I just found, it seemed to be more common than an auto, which surprised me.

Yea I that's the one thing I'd change about it, is to have the 3 on the tree.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Another vote for keep it original. Also love the placement of the backboard hanging from the ceiling;)

Skip Goulet

Forum Ride Along
We recently bought this 1969 Ford Econoline 300 Ambulance as a project for our shop, and one day hope to use it as a sort of mascot for our company at various events.

It's actually a pretty interesting rig because the Econoline 300 was one of the first proper Type II Ambulances made. Ours needs a little fixing up but is in nice overall shape. Has the 302 V8 in it as well, so that's a plus.

Let us know what you guys think.

http://globalemergencyvehicles.word...ur-1969-ford-econoline-300-ambulance-project/

1969_Ford_Econoline_300_Ambulance_10.jpg

Nice....very nice! This unit was built by Superior Coach Corp. The small town of Andrews, TX, just NW of Midland, had one that looked like this one, except theirs was the window van, not the panel. I'll look forward to you updating whatever restoration you do on this one.

OP
OP
G
Will do. It will be a process, but hopefully the guys in our shop will be able to find the time in the next few months. It'd be great to have her ready to go by show season.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Do I need to attach a poll to this thread so we can vote on original or hot rod?

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Is that Bill Cosby driving?