Opinions

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
Not sure who taught you CPR but the Look, Listen and Feel method has nothing to do with pulse. Look for chest rise, listen for breath sounds and feel for air movement.

you feel for a radial pulse ;)

Amycus

Forum Lieutenant
The Look, Listen, Feel, only relates toward breathing.

On an unresponsive, the first thing I'll feel for is a radial, but if it's a question of a code, you'd always do carotid, not radial.

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
You can argue that the multiple points of articulation between the fingertips and the ears allows one to position their body in such away as to check for respirations at the same time as they check for a pulse.

thats what they showed us dunno"
thats kind of messed up..
as far as more hours needed for emt -b i wouldn't argue that, i felt it was a bit rushed,
but for every hour of classroom instruction i probably did 2 hours or more of homework scenarios and written objectives etc...so it was more than 160 hours.

there were some lazy students, that didn't take it serious i didn't consider myself to be one,
we all got to start somewhere though, and i am in a better position to help someone now than before i finished the course.
and when i go on to medic i'll be even better prepared, but there will always be someone who knows more than you, i am of the opinion that i try to learn from those people rather than take offense,
anyway i still say it was B' B)