Online Paramedic Program

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Well the practical training and hands on stuff needs to be done in classroom. But I dont see a reason why the book knowledge cant be done online. I prefer going to a actual class myself. Keeps me focus and makes sure I actually learn but those who can handle it, why not. If they can pass the test doing that, more power to ya.

The problem is many have retention of the didactic portion but not have an understanding. These are two totally different things. Being able to recite but being able to understand something. This is where I am seeing the problems. My students can recite the text frontwards and backswards but to fully grasp as in working knowledge, they need clarrification.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Rid, what was your route of education? did you start off as a basic and climb the ranks or?

If I remember correctly, he actually started out as a paramedic, and then took basic. Not sure how that worked, but if I recall correctly, it did.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
If I remember correctly, he actually started out as a paramedic, and then took basic. Not sure how that worked, but if I recall correctly, it did.

Things were different then. A Paramedic class was being organized and the Basic had just finished, so yeah I finished my first Paramedic course (12 weeks) then took my 81 hour EMT course the next year or so.... So technically, I was shocking & starting IV's on someone before I technically was approved to place a hare Traction on... :D

I have been through three Paramedic courses. The first one as I described, then a 10 month in-hospital and OJT and finally a two and half year degree program.

At that time we were the second Paramedic course in the state. No, Moses was not my partner; but I did take him back & forth to the nursing home...

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Things were different then. A Paramedic class was being organized and the Basic had just finished, so yeah I finished my first Paramedic course (12 weeks) then took my 81 hour EMT course the next year or so.... So technically, I was shocking & starting IV's on someone before I technically was approved to place a hare Traction on... :D

I have been through three Paramedic courses. The first one as I described, then a 10 month in-hospital and OJT and finally a two and half year degree program.

At that time we were the second Paramedic course in the state. No, Moses was not my partner; but I did take him back & forth to the nursing home...

R/r 911

I didn't have anything wrong with it. Just surprising. But now that you have explained it, I now know why you did paramedic then EMT.

Glad to hear you helped Moses a few times. What a guy! :p