On-Star

emtech419

Forum Probie
Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this funny.

I was toned out the other day for a motor vehicle accident, unknown injuries, unknown number of patients, at an intersection of two major highways in our service area. The accident was called in by On-Star.

We arrive at the intersection and find nothing. no car, no one lying on the side of the road, no broken glass, nothing. County Dispatch calls on-star back. apparently the car kept driving after the accident and on-star gives an address where the pt might be located.

We show up at the house with PD, and find the car parked outside, one flat tire, airbags deployed, and the hazard lights flashing. We walk up to the door, and the police identify themselves and knock on the door. A man in his mid-twenties comes to the door, and he is drunk. I mean, too drunk to stand. He had to hold on to the door frame to keep from falling.

Apparently, he had got a flat tire and his airbags had deployed. He had kept driving so he wouldn't be got DUI when emergency crews showed up.

ON-STAR TATTLED ON A DRUNK DRIVER! LOL

trevor1189

Forum Captain
Haha that's great.

NEMed2

Forum Crew Member
They should be in every car for that very reason. 4 gold stars.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
On- Star!!!!!

Well how about that............ I guess the stupid button got left out again!

** Airwaygoddess is laughing like hell right now....... :p:p:p

Stewart1990

Forum Crew Member
this is great. would have loved to have seen his reaction at impact.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
yeah... on star is great for everything nowadays. I've heard some other like this one where drunk people make dumb choices and onstar tracks them down

Stewart1990

Forum Crew Member
makes you wonder if the onstar people get the kicks of some of the funnier calls like the dispatchers do