okay quick question

michelie0

Forum Probie
I passed the nremt a few monthes ago and now I am about to get a job but they are asking for a emt card. Do I have to sign up with my county for an emt card even though I am nationally registered?
also They didnt really give me anything back after passing the nremt except for a emt patch (which anyone can buy anywhere). Do I have to order a certificate or is there someway that my employer could find out?

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
You will need to be a card carrying EMT in the state in which you work. In some states this requirement is met by passing the NREMT. In others a separate credentialling process is required.

OP
OP
M

michelie0

Forum Probie
cool. I just ordered a card on the mrent website I think itll be okay.

John E

Forum Captain
hmmm....

you should have received a printed card in the mail after you passed your NREMT test. You'll probably have to provide a copy of that to whatever licensing agency handles EMS licensing in your area.

John E

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
cool. I just ordered a card on the mrent website I think itll be okay.

You should have received a letter of congratulations, a wallet card, certificate, and patch all in one in packet.

R/r 911

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I see you're in California. Yes, you need a county EMT card. National Registry qualifies you to apply to the county. There's fees involved. Google your county and EMS to figure out where you have to go and what you have to do.

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
In San Diego you take you NREMT Card and I think certificate of NREMT and of the class, a live scan, CPR card and ID to the county EMS office and they charge you $17 then you get your county card from what I know. Im surprised they haven't checked it yet.