Oh No!! It's gonna snow (maybe...)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Snow (1-3") is forecast tonight here in the Southeast and already the weather people and the general population are pretty much losing their minds. Darn near every district in the state is already delayed or cancelled for tomorrow. Granted, we don't have the resources that our Northern folks do, and I'm all for safety for the schoolkids who live on dirt roads and the like. The part that ticks me off is how the news people spin it into a near-Armageddon every time a few flakes are predicted to fall from the sky. I know, I'm :deadhorse:but geez, folks...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
So......how much total snowfall this winter for you? We have had around 6 feet here in North East Wasington state. Out snowpack is up between 110%-120%!:wacko:

I guess a couple inches is alot down south though.

OP
OP
Tincanfireman

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Um, this would be the first time this year we have even had the threat of snow... :blush:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
<< Is in the EMTLife weather bunker ready for BLIZZARD 2009... where we get a sprinkle of snow and the entire state of North Carolina collectively freaks out.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
This is my favorite time of year. We particularly enjoy watching the weather channel when Texas gets a dusting of snow. They show everyone driving in their jacked up 4x4 trucks at 5mph on the interstate. That stuff is better than comedy central.

tatersalad

Forum Crew Member
RIDICULOUS

We did get a little snow (Heavy flurries mostly) here in the Charlotte area.

The community college I am taking EMT-B class at canceled classes!

Oh well, two more nights to study for this test I guess....

JPINFV

Gadfly
Oh, I'd love to watch Southern California news if it ever snows down there (I know it got close this year to the coastal region). I remember growing up that any little bit of sprinkle brought out choruses of "Storm Watch 2009."

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
RIDICULOUS

We did get a little snow (Heavy flurries mostly) here in the Charlotte area.

The community college I am taking EMT-B class at canceled classes!

Oh well, two more nights to study for this test I guess....
I'm sure my students are loving it. Another day to memorize the U.S. presidents... but tomorrow they'll have to know one more :)