nys emt exam

edrod

Forum Ride Along
Just took my.basic March 15 wondering does it actually take the entire
4-6 weeks they said it would on the.website ? What if you have any job prospects can't u get a temp card in the meanwhile? Stressful

EPFD112

Forum Probie
Just took my.basic March 15 wondering does it actually take the entire
4-6 weeks they said it would on the.website ? What if you have any job prospects can't u get a temp card in the meanwhile? Stressful

I also took my Basic on March 15th in NY, however I took it at an on-site scoring facility so I could avoid the wait time. There is no way to get a temporary card without going to an on-site scoring facility to take the exam.

You're just going to have to wait it out. Not to scare you, but an EMT in my fire department took his exam last year, and it ended up taking 10 weeks for his card to come in.

OP
OP
E

edrod

Forum Ride Along
So just waiting game ...you would think in this day.and age.they could at least send you a letter stating if u pass or fail in the meanwhile

d0nk3yk0n9

Forum Crew Member
You chose not to do the $20 instant score option. Its your own fault?

Some of us don't live in places where that's an option. I wish I could've done the instant scoring option, but the closest place was about a two hour drive, which I couldn't do given that I was in classes until an hour or so before the exam.

Miscusi

Forum Lieutenant
well, the way this worked, in the beginning of the class, they told us about the option of the 20 dollar thing. said that if you choose it, you can not go back. gave us a list of places... We knew 3 months in advance that it will be 3-6 weeks before we get the card if we dont choose the $20 option..

I just dont see how that for some people who needs to apply for work, wouldnt ride the 2 hours and make arrangements to do so, rather wait 6 weeks..

Me? i dont mind waiting, thats why i chose the 6 week thing.

d0nk3yk0n9

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I personally don't mind waiting too much, since I'm already working with an agency that doesn't require you to be an EMT to be useful to them.

It does kinda suck that it takes them so long though.

OP
OP
E

edrod

Forum Ride Along
Don't like the waiting game personally ....cause if you fail then to reschedule another exam wait for that so on and so forth .......how long did it take for some of you guys to receive something in the mail from Nys doh