NYC Medic

SabresMedic88

Forum Ride Along
Just curious about FDNY, cant seem to find the wage info im looking for, what is the starting wage for a medic pretty much fresh out of school. I love the city and already live in NYS and work in a paid system in Buffalo NY so my cards are valid. I can only seem to find Basic starting wage (which I hear is laughable) and not medic. Any info or tips towards the right direction would be helpful or any info regarding the starting wage for a medic in the 911 system for FDNY or a private company.
Thanks

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
OP
OP
S

SabresMedic88

Forum Ride Along
I was more curious on the hourly rate, schedule, OT availablitiy stuff

OP
OP
S

SabresMedic88

Forum Ride Along
No I don't, I just have PALS, ACLS, ITLS and WREMAC since its what I need on this side of NY. I was just curious to see what the pay, schedule and OT are like.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
FDNY has mandatory OT. Plenty of open shifts.

PC Comms

Forum Ride Along
FDNY has mandatory OT. Plenty of open shifts.

+1!!! lol I honestly would be a little more concerned about reviewing the testing standards first and trying to get in before worrying about wages, OT, shifts, etc. If you do get in, I can GUARANTEE you that you will get the crappiest shifts available as well as more overtime than you know what to do with (mostly mandatory).

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I was more curious on the hourly rate, schedule, OT availablitiy stuff
hourly rate is pretty poor. schedule is 8 hour shifts, with lots of forced overtime. availability for scheduled OT is def there.

while I wouldn't want to dissuade you from pursuing your career goals, I would suggest you check out this site, as well as research what you will need to do to work in NYC http://www.fdnyemswebsite.com/