NYC EMTBs Medics and RNs

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I will post the info flyer link below. If you are interested, there is a link in the flyer to click to indicate your interest. I have not fully vetted this company yet, maybe some of you who did NYC early COVID know of them...they were "in the bubble". I have talked for over an hour with the recruiter, I asked a lot of hard questions. He and I pounded same ground in Afghan and he definitely knows the "contractor" world and talks the talk. The DESPERATELY need EMT Basics as those levels are primarily administering COVID vaccine under supervision of RN or Paramedic. As for any Paramedics who apply, the gist is you will be working in one of the many Presbyterian hospitals throughout NYC. You will be partnered with a RN and you will split/share the assignment. Under emergency order, the Paramedic scope is expanded to allow functioning as a RN in this setting.

The pay is listed in the flyer. Work is 6 days a week, 12 hours a day. You are housed either in a hotel or in the dorms at Columbia Univ. Laundry and transport to and from work provided. Food is out of pocket. Scrubs provided. Initial travel to NYC is out of pocket, but will be reimbursed on first check. They want you there and working before they pay for your travel. Pay is 2 x a month, 15th and 30th. This is 10-99 contractor status. PPE is provided.

30 day block preferred. They onboard every Tuesday.

RN/Paramedic is $900/Day
EMT Basic is $360/day

I think this covers everything I know. If I learn of anything else or remember something, I will update.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I’m confused by that posting. Are they paying RNs or NREMT-P 900/day, or are they paying that to RNs who also have their NREMT-P..

If it’s either/or, I wonder why they’re paying NR medics so much more than state certified medics..

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I’m confused by that posting. Are they paying RNs or NREMT-P 900/day, or are they paying that to RNs who also have their NREMT-P..

If it’s either/or, I wonder why they’re paying NR medics so much more than state certified medics..
Do you really expect anything coming out of NYC to make sense?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
The way I read it is that if you have either an RN or a Paramedic you will be paid 900 a day.

Rough math is 21k a month. But don't forget taxes.

OP
OP
akflightmedic

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Correct..it is RN or Paramedic.... RN/Paramedic.

The "state paramedic" is for those who do not hold NREMTP...and all these years ya'll been saying there is not benefit to NR, yet here you have one and you still are complaining.