NY EMT-P looking to move south before winter

LockOut

Forum Ride Along
Me and my fiance (does not work in ems) are looking to move south before the snow flies in NY again. I'm willing to go basically anywhere between N.C. and Texas. Does anyone know of anywhere I can apply and be looked at without getting a state card before applying. I've been trying Florida but no one will even talk tome without a Fl EMT-P card, and i can't get one as i do not currently have NREMT. I'd love top get it but i have been out of class longer than 2 years and don't wana wait to find and then take a 6 month long paramedic refresher just so i can test NREMT. Thanks for the help.

Medic87

Forum Probie
Skip Fl bro ... FL is economically crushed state , and the pay sucks here !!!! Private ambulances are hiring medics but their pay is 10-13 per hr , u can try get a job at the hospital where the pay is 15 per hr but that's the most u gonna get here .
P.S to work for 911 system u gonna have to complete fire academy and pay for it from your own pocket .

Good luck !

firecoins

IFT Puppet
try Texas.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Austin or Houston are both good places to look into. Lots of privates in houston.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
We'll hire you on at Culberson County in Van Horn, TX. Staffing is an issue, our manager needs full time EMT and above or part time for consideraton.

sop

Forum Lieutenant
Are there anything good in other southern states other than Texas? I'm thinking about leaving Alabama and going to another state near.

UNTMatt

Forum Probie
We'll hire you on at Culberson County in Van Horn, TX. Staffing is an issue, our manager needs full time EMT and above or part time for consideraton.

I might be mistaken but I don't think she can be hired in Texas without having Texas certification.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I might be mistaken but I don't think she can be hired in Texas without having Texas certification.

Which isn't all that difficult to get. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork.